Caloundra Lawyers | Greyson Legal
Greyson Legal is a boutique commercial law firm providing legal services within the Caloundra and the broader Sunshine Coast region.
If you are looking for a Caloundra law firm or Sunshine Coast lawyers, why not give Greyson Legal a call on 1300 667 362.
We have many years of experience dealing with mattersacross a number of legal practice areas. We work with you to understand your specific requirements and tailor our advice to meet your needs.
We offer a range of a legal services including:
- Franchise law
- Business law
- Intellectual Property law
- Commercial and Corporate law
- Property law and Conveyancing
- Commercial and Retail Leasing
- Succession law
We are leaders in franchise law on the Sunshine Coast, representing both Franchisors and Franchisees. We view our franchise law services as a cornerstone of Greyson Legal.
For over a decade the Principal has acted for clients buying or selling franchised businesses connected with numerous well known franchise systems.
We alsoprovide our franchisor clients with an end-to-end franchise system setup solution.
Our expertise in franchising law extends to:
- Franchise advice
- Drafting Franchise Agreements
- Preparing Disclosure Documents
- Preparing ancillary franchise documents, such as: confidentiality agreements, restraint deeds, Franchisee Application Forms
- Advising Franchisors on their obligations under the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Assistance with Franchise system setup
- Franchise dispute resolution
- Broad franchise law advice
- Franchise Agreement review and advice
- Disclosure Document review advice
- Checking the Franchisor has complied with its obligations under the Franchise Code of Conduct
- Franchise business purchases
- Franchise business sales
- Franchise dispute resolution
Are you on the Sunshine Coast and need a Franchise lawyer ? Contact Greyson Legal | Franchise Lawyers for an obligation free discussion on how we can help you.
We have extensive legal experience and expertise in business law, having acted for many clients across various industries looking to buy or sell a business.
When buying or selling a business there are a number of legal and commercial issues to consider - these issues will vary depending on the nature of each business.
At Greyson Legal | Business Lawyers we provide comprehensive legal services to guide you through the business conveyance process from start to finish. We ensure:
- you understand any risks;
- you are aware of your rights and obligations;
- you are aware of any key dates under the Contract;
- all special conditions relevant to the Contract are identified and explained to you;
- the the business conveyance proceeds as smoothly as possible.
We help you:
- to understand key elements of the Contract;
- in carrying out any due diligence investigations; and
- in fulfilling any steps that need to be undertaken in order to purchase the business.
Typical elements in a business conveyance that we assist our clients to understand and deal with may include one or more of the following, depending on the circumstances:
- is the buyer and seller properly described in the Contract
- is the purchase price and deposit correct
- if the Contract subject to finance
- what stock is being sold (if any)
- is the stock of merchantable quality
- what plant & equipment is being sold
- is the plant & equipment in good condition and fit for their purpose
- is any plant & equipment subject to rental agreements and if so are those rental agreements being transferred
- is there a need for adjustments related to work-in-progress
- are the business's telephone number, fax number, email, website being transferred
- what intellectual property is being sold by the Seller (if any)
- is the business name being transferred
- consulting with you in regards to any searches that need to be conducted
- what special conditions apply (if any)
- when and where is settlement
- is there an existing Premises lease. If so, what are the conditions for assignment of the lease or grant of a new lease
- does any fitout in the Premises belong to the landlord
- is there to be any trial period
- is the Seller providing any tuitition
- what licenses are currently in place. Do they need to be transferred or new licenses granted
- is the business being sold as a going concern for GST purposes
- are there any restraint of trade conditions to be imposed on the Seller
- are there any employees. If so, are they staying on with the business after settlement
- is the business subject to any encumbrances, such as on the PPSR
The above are an example of some of the various issues to be considered. At Greyson Legal we help you deal with these issues to ensure that all steps in the conveyance process are appropriately addressed.
From time to time Contracts cannot reach settlement. This maybe due to such things as the Buyer being unable to obtain the necessary finance to purchase the business. We make sure you understand how any termination rights under the Contract will apply.
We have extensive experience dealing in business law, including:
- Contract of Business Sale review, advice and drafting
- Business conveyancing
- Retail, commercial and industrial leasing
- Business structuring advice
- Business succession planning
- Business risk management
- Intellectual property advice as it relates to business
- Compliance and regulatory advice
- General business advice
For sound business law advice and assistance, call Greyson Legal | 1300 667 362.
Did you know that registering a business name with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) does not provide any proprietary or enforceable rights to that name.
To obtain proprietary rights the name must either satisfy the criteria for a common law trademark or be registered as a trademark.
If you value the goodwill connected to you Business Name and are either unsure if is trademarked or require trademarking assistance, contact Greyson Legal.
Intellectual Property (IP) Lawyers
Intellectual property (IP) is a form of intangible property right created by a person through their mind, for example, creating an invention or an artistic design. There are different types of IP, some of which require a formal registration process whereas others do not.
If you have a name or logo specific to your business and you do not want others using that name or logo, then it would be prudent to register a trade mark to protect your IP interest.
Greyson Legal are Sunshine Coast intellectual property lawyers. We provide a range of intellectual property law services, including:
A trademark is a way of identifying a particular good, service or business. A “brand” is often associated with a logo which maybe protected by a registered trademark.
Keep in mind trade mark registration in Australia does not automatically provide similar rights in relation to marks overseas. There is a separate process for international trademark filings and registration
Greyson Legal's trademark law services include:
- trademark searching
- advising on the use and registration of trade marks
- preparing and filing applications for trademark registration in Australia
- applying trademark registration internationally through the Madrid Protocol and by direct country application
- trademark assignments
- licensing of trademarks
- assisting in enforcement of trade mark rights
- franchising and trademarks advice
Copyright is a form of intellectual property which provides a way of protecting a person’s original expression of their ideas. For example, an artist who paints a picture would own the copyright in the picture they created.
Common examples of material or “works” that can be protected through copyright include: music, art, books and films - to name a few.
Our copyright law services include:
- copyright advice
- assist with copyright infringement
- drafting commercial agreements relating to ownership and use of copyright works
- copyright assignment agreements
- copyright licensing
- franchising and copyright advice
A design can be described as the way a particular product looks - its visual appearance. For example, it’s shape, or the way a product is packaged.
We provide assistance to our clients through:
- design advice
- applying for design registration
- assistance with enforcing design rights
IP and Research Collaboration
Research plays and important role in many industries. Sometimes for a particular product to become marketable and commercially viable it needs the collaboration of different people with different skill sets.
At Greyson Legal we assist with:
- preparing IP and Research Collaboration Agreements
- drafting Terms Sheets
- structuring advice as it relates to IP
- review and advice of commercial IP joint venture arrangements
We can assist our clients with the negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements relating to IP, such as:
- distribution agreements
- consultancy agreements
- joint ventures
- IP Licenses relating to franchises
Franchising and IP
Intellectual property is a key element of a franchising model. Such IP can be in the form of licensing rights related to trademarks, copyright and trade secrets.
As Franchising Lawyers, Greyson Legal are well acquainted with the interlinking relationship between franchising and intellectual property rights.
We can provide an IP audit to assist you in identifying what IP interests you own and help you devise a strategy to develop and protect that intellectual property.
IP Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
If you are in a dispute relating to intellectual property rights, did you know there are alternatives to litigation and commencing proceedings in a court of law.
- Are you a Sunshine Coast business looking to grow your Business ?
- Do you have an artistic or literary work and not sure how to protect it or are unclear about your IP rights ?
- Want to know how to protect that Business name, brand, logo or slogan ?
- Thinking about ways to commercialise your IP but not sure how to go about it ?
- Have a product you want to export overseas but concerned about protecting your IP in that product ?
- Need a Sunshine Coast trademark lawyer ?
- Need help registering a trademark in Australia or overseas ?
At Greyson Legal we have the:
- Knowledge to answer these and other intellectual property questions;
- Skills to help you implement processes and strategies to develop, enforce and protect your intellectual property rights; and
- First-hand experience in intellectual property law.
Contact us for more details on how we can help you.
Commercial and Corporate Law
As part of the commercial law services we offer, we can assist you to ensure your business is compliant with the law.
Within our commercial and corporate law practice area we offer a variety of legal services. These include, among others:
- company incorporation
- shareholder agreements | share transfer agreements
- business structuring advice
- partnership agreements
- trusts law
- employment law
- regulatory compliance advice
- risk management
- contracts law | contract review, drafting and advice
- finance law | loans, mortgages, personal guarantees | registering security interest under the Personal Property Securities Act (PPSA)
- liquor licensing applications and transactions
- general commercial law advice
Property Law and Conveyancing
At Greyson Legal you deal with a property lawyer - not a conveyancer or paralegal.
The Principal of Greyson Legal has undertaken property law work for over decade, dealing with a range of matters, including:
- residential "cottage" conveyancing
- off-the-plan land, houses and units
- commercial office acquisition and sales
- industrial purchases and sales - industrial land, sheds & warehouses
- freehold land and building acquisitions and sales connected with business transactions
- flat land subdivisions
- land resumption by Government authorities
- easements advice, drafting and registration
- building covenants review, advice and preparation
- drafting and reviewing Contracts
- drafting and reviewing Disclosure statements, such as under the Land Sales Act 1984 and Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997
- where appropriate, dealing with stamping and registration of documents
We have helped clients from various locations on the Sunshine Coast, such as:- Caloundra, Mooloolaba, Buderim, Coolum, Maleny, Kenilworth, Brooloo - to name a few.
We offer fixed fees, keep you informed of the progress of your matter and ensure you understand your rights and obligations.
- Looking to buy or sell a house, apartment or land on the Sunshine Coast ?
- Need the commercial lease for your Business to be reviewed ?
- Buying a commercial office, shed, warehouse or industrial land ?
- Need help with an off-the-plan contract ?
For an obligation free discussion on how we can help you with your property law matter, contact Greyson Legal.
Get a Quote
Greyson Legal offers a range of succession law legal services, including:
- Testamentary Trust Wills
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- Advance Health Directives
- Probate applications
- Applications for Letters of Administration
- Business succession planning
- General estates law advice
Contact Greyson Legal for details on how we can help you with your succession law matter.
What We Offer
Affordability and value for money
Expert legal advice and assistance
20 years legal experience
Deal direct with the Principal
We help our clients find solutions to their legal problems
Flexibility in the delivery of our legal services
Mobile lawyers - able to consult with you where and when it best suits you
Prompt attention to your legal matter
Looking for honest and reliable lawyers ?
We are approachable and avoid the legalise
Some of the client matters the Principal has been involved in within the Caloundra and wider Sunshine Coast region include:
Represent Franchisor based in Caloundra within the protective coating industry with franchised businesses across Australia and international licensing interests
Represent Franchisor based in Mooloolaba within the marketing and promotions industry with franchised business outlets in Queensland
Succession planning, Testamentary Trust, Enduring Powers of Attorney documentation for business owner at Parrearra
Represent various clients with Australian and international trademarks advice and registration
Acquisition of business and freehold land & buildings to operate a Cafe at Kingaroy
Drafting boat purchase agreement for fishing charter business with interests in northern Queensland
Representing a Franchisor in relation to granting consent to the sale of a franchised business territory operating from Coolum
Acquisition of cafe & restaurant at Buderim
Residential cottage conveyancing sales and purchases (various) within Caloundra, other beachside suburbs and out to Kingaroy, Kenilworth, Maleny and Brooloo
Acquisition of Industrial shed at Caloundra
Commercial leases (various)
Sale of fitness centre businesses at Beerwah and Mooloolah
Drafting intellectual property licence for manufacturing company in Caloundra
Employment law advice and drafting Employment Agreements for corporate employer in Caloundra
Drafting Asset Sale Agreement re customer base for financial planning business in Coolum Beach
Representing a Franchisor in relation to granting consent to the sale of a franchised business territory operating from Buderim
Providing franchise advice to a prospective Franchisee in Moffat Beach re a Tribe41 franchise
For an obligation free discussion on how we can help you, contact Greyson Legal -your Sunshine Coast lawyers.