Franchise Lawyers Sunshine Coast
| Greyson Legal
Greyson Legal are leading independent Sunshine Coast franchise lawyers.
The Principal of Greyson Legal - Raymond Duffy - is a franchise law expert with 20 years legal experience, representing both Franchisors and Franchisees.
We are knowledgable in all facets of franchise law and offer a you a dedicated and personalised legal service.
Need advice from experienced Sunshine Coast franchise lawyers ?
What is Franchising ?
Franchising is a marketing strategy - it enables a Franchisor to sell its range of goods and services and expand its brand through a network of independent business owners, called Franchisees.
The Franchisor grants Franchisees certain rights, such as:
- rights to use the Franchisor's intellectual property and branding;
- the right to offer, sell or distribute goods or services under a business system determined by the Franchisor;
- access to processes and procedures developed by the Franchisor; and
- support, training and guidance from the Franchisor.
In return, the Franchisee will:
- pay certain fees and royalties; and
- agree to comply with a range of obligations,
typically set out in a Franchise Agreement, Operations Manual and ancillary documents.
If conducted effectively, the franchise system provides benefits for both the Franchisor and Franchisee.
What is Franchise Law ?
Franchise law is concerned with the application of laws relevant to:
- existing participants in the franchising industry;
- prospective franchisees;
- start-up entrepreneurs with a concept seeking to use franchising as a method to expand the concept in the market place;
- proven Business owners looking to grow their Business through franchising.
As franchise lawyers, Greyson Legal have the skills, knowledge and expertise to advise you on all aspects of the law that apply to franchising, such as:
- Legislation & regulations;
- Competition and Consumer law;
- Property law;
- Business law;
- Corporate law
- Contract law;
- Securities law;
- Intellectual Property law - trade marks | copyright | trade secrets;
- Employment law;
- the Franchising Code of Conduct;
- Dispute Resolution
Some Franchise clients we represent on the Sunshine Coast
Pest Control Queensland,
Tribe 41 Functional Training,
Matt Fiddes Martial Arts,
F45 Functional Training,
The development of a franchise system should be based on a strong foundation supported by careful planning, appropriate due diligence and guided by professionals experienced in franchising.
As Sunshine Coast Franchise Lawyers, Greyson Legal can help you with all your franchise law needs. For instance:
- how to franchise a business;
- the initial stages of franchise system set-up;
- structuring advice associated with the franchise system;
- providing guidance on day-to-day legal issues related to the franchise network;
- preparing Franchise Agreements;
- drafting Disclosure Documents;
- creating various ancillary franchise documentation, such as:
- Confidentiality Agreements;
- Franchise Applications;
- Prior Representation Deeds;
- Deeds of Guarantee & Indemnity;
- Non-Compete provisions;
- IP Licences;
- providing advice on related commercial law matters, for instance, employment law;
- handling the business conveyance process for the Franchisor where:
- a franchisee wants to sell a franchise business; or
- an entrepreneur looking to buy a franchise business
- ensuring intellectual property rights are in place and protected, such as:
- trade marks;
- trade secrets;
- advising you on intellectual property protection;
- assisting with issues that arise whilst managing the franchise network;
- on-going statutory and regulatory compliance advice, such as advising on compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct;
- guidance in regards to franchise dispute resolution; and
- assisting with the potential sale of the franchise system and network to a new owner, should that arise.
Have a unique business concept ?
Looking to grow your Business on the Sunshine Coast?
Call: (07) 3142 0463
Franchising can be an effective vehicle which allows small business entrepreneurs to operate their own Business.
If you are interested in buying a franchise it is essential before you commit to the purchase that you undertake a thorough due diligence investigation of matters relevant to the proposed purchase and obtain appropriate professional advice.
- are interested in how to buy a franchise on the Sunshine Coast;
- require information about how to start a franchise;
- have a franchise business for sale on the Sunshine Coast;
- need a franchise dispute lawyer; or
- require general franchise advice,
contact Greyson Legal - Sunshine Coast Franchise Lawyers for details on how we can assist you with your franchising requirements.
Our Franchisee legal services include:
- providing advice on any Contract of Business Sale related to buying a franchiseor selling a franchise;
- reviewing the Franchise Agreement, Disclosure Document and ancillary documents;
- checking Franchising Code of Conduct compliance;
- assisting you to negotiate amendments to the franchise documentation or clarify issues of uncertainty with the Franchisor;
- undertaking all appropriate searches;
- reviewing and advising you on any associated lease or occupancy licence;
- assisting with business licensing that complies with Brisbane local government requirements, such as, food licences (if applicable);
- business structuring advice associated with purchasing a franchise business;
- employment law considerations;
- premises leasing (if applicable);
- handling the business conveyance process related to the ultimate sale of the franchise business.
If you are buying a franchise on the Sunshine Coast, selling a franchise, or need help with franchising - as franchise lawyers on the Sunshine Coast, Greyson Legal can help you.
Sources of Franchise Information
For further general information about franchising, try these links: